Last Updated: September 23, 2022
Information We Collect
We may collect personally identifiable information – that is, information which can either directly or indirectly identify a person – when you specifically and knowingly provide it to us, for example when you register an request a demo or register and provide personal information such as your e-mail address, name, phone number, year of birth, or other information. Where applicable, personally identifiable information includes “personal data”, “personal information” and/or “sensitive personal information” each as defined in applicable law. We ask that you not send us, and you do not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through Services or otherwise. If you do send or disclose any sensitive personal data to us, you consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal data in accordance with this policy.
You may have the option to register an Account with us using a TPS, and you may connect your Account to a TPS such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or YouTube. By authorizing us to access your TPS account, you authorize us to obtain certain information from your TPS account, which may including your name, email address, birthday, work history, education history, current city, shared media, and the names, profile pictures, relationship status, and current cities of your TPS contacts. We only obtain information from your TPS account that you specifically authorize and grant us permission to obtain. Our use of information received via Google Restricted Scopes, such as from Gmail APIs, will adhere to Google’s Limited Use Requirements (https://developers.google.com/terms/api-services-user-data-policy)
We does not consider personally identifiable information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to identify a specific individual or household. We collect and use your personally-identifiable information to: provide the Services; operate and improve our Service; provide customer service; perform research and analysis aimed at improving our products, Service and technology; and display content that is customized to your interests and preferences.
You may always choose not to provide personally identifiable information, but if you so choose, certain parts of the Service may not be available to you. If you have registered an Account with us, you will have agreed to provide your personally identifiable information in order to access the Services. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this Policy, please do not use our Services.
We may collect and aggregate non-personally identifiable information which is information which does not permit you to be identified or identifiable either by itself or in combination with other information available to a third party. This information may include information such as a website that referred you to us, your hardware types, geographic location, log data, and access times and durations. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the Service content or pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the Service. We use this information to analyze usage patterns as part of making improvements to the Service.
Cookies, Pixels and Local Storage:
We may collect information using “cookies”, which are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience when using the Services.
We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by us to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits any site or application that is party of the Services; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on sites or applications and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
Cookies we use
Our website uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Essential Cookies – These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our website and to enable you to use some of its features. For example, they allow you to log in to secure areas of our website and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies – These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make when you use our website, such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our website which you can customize. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our website.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies – These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our website and how users use our website. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. It includes the number of visitors to our website, the websites that referred them to our website, the pages they visited on our website, what time of day they visited our website, whether they have visited our website before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our website. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our website works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: https://policies.google.com/privacy. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our website by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
- Targeted and advertising cookies – These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show adverts which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites. You can disable cookies which remember your browsing habits and target advertising at you by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see adverts but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to remove cookies by the companies listed at the above link, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored adverts from companies that are not listed.
- Social Media Cookies – These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our website or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.
- Disabling cookies
- You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
- If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience so
We may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on the Services to track the actions of users on our sites and applications. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using pixel tags is not linked to our users’ personal data.
Do Not Track Signals
Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
How We Use Your Data
We may use other companies to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the website. These companies may collect and use click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over during your visits to the website and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies typically use tracking technologies to collect this information. Other companies’ use of their tracking technologies is subject to their own privacy policies.
Using Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our website, products, and services;
- to manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account, if you have an account on our website;
- to operate and administer our rewards program and other promotions you participate in on our website;
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- with your consent, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you;
- to process payments you make via our website;
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
- for analysis and study services; and
- as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our third party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services.
- Third Party Sites
Our website may contain links to third party websites and features.This Policy does not cover the privacy practices of such third parties.These third parties have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their websites, features or policies. Please read their privacy policies before you submit any data to them.
User Generated Content
You may share personal data with us when you submit user generated content to our website, including via our rewards program, forums, message boards and blogs on our website. Please note that any information you post or disclose on our website will become public information, and will be available to other users of our website and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your personal data, or any other information, on our website. Such personal data and other information will not be private or confidential once it is published on our website.
If you provide feedback to us, we may use and disclose such feedback on our website, provided we do not associate such feedback with your personal data. If you have provided your consent to do so, we may post your first and last name along with your feedback on our website. We will collect any information contained in such feedback and will treat the personal data in it in accordance with this Policy.
International Data Transfer
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us outside the country in which you reside, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By accepting this Policy, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure, and transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
We will only retain your personal data as long reasonably required for you to use the website until you close your account/cancel your subscription unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
The Service is owned by PartnerUP and may be accessed in the United States and abroad. For data protection purposes, PartnerUP is the controller and, unless otherwise noted, is also the processor of data. Information collected may be retained, and may be stored, processed, accessed, and used in jurisdictions whose privacy laws may be different and less protective than those of your home jurisdiction. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the information you provide to us may be transferred to the United States. By using the Service, application and/or website, you consent to such transfer. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
California Privacy Rights
California law permits California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal information disclosed to those third parties. See the “Contact Us” section below for where to send such requests.
The Terms of Service clearly provide that Users must be 18 or older. PartnerUP does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under 18. In the event that we learn that we have collected any personal information from a user under the age of 18, we will attempt to identify and delete that information from our database. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Opt-out. You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of the website may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- Access. You may access the information we hold about you at any time via your profile/account or by contacting us directly.
- Amend. You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Move. Your personal data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
Changes to This Policy
For general inquiries or to lodge a complaint, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to PartnerUP Inquiries, 3291 US Highway 280, Suite 120, Birmingham, Alabama 35243.